November 23, 2011

Still Here.

Well, hello! it's been a long time.

It's another year almost gone, again, like so many before and yet this past year has been all sorts of fun and adventurous for me at least, different in so many ways, totally enjoyable as well; let me explain what I mean by all this:

Last year around October I came to the realization that it had been an below average year so far, and I had time to take a weekend off to ponder what i could do to improve and make the next year better (2011); many thoughts came and went, nothing specific just ideas and themes and general thoughts on making more me time. Then, as if by fortune's good will, I received a call from a friend of mine inviting me to a project (more like confirming, I had been told I would be in the loop) that had been in the works for over a year, now that it was time to execute they needed a developer to help her make it happen, and it required me to relocate to the Mexican rainforest/jungle for at least a year. 

A model of the typical bungalow in the property.
I packed and went and worked; the whole experience of developing a rainforest Eco-resort/boutique hotel is quite wonderful it turns out, and there are many technological and technical issues that need to be addressed in order to maintain a low-impact and a high-turnover rate (it's a hotel after all), and building in the jungle is not easy and yet, all this did not steer us from our goal, which was to develop a project that will be sustainable, Eco-friendly, relaxing, adventurous and exciting in the middle of the rainforest and it's natural wonders, like waterfalls, rapids, rivers, hiking trails, sugar cane fields and dense forests. The project is now in the evaluation and finishing stage, which will require a few months before it's open to the public next year.

Coming back to the year's end issue, I find myself in that very same spot I did last year, pondering what could be done to improve, wondering if I should apply strategies from the past now that I am single again (I know, shocking), thinking I may need to change more than just thoughts, attitudes is more like it I am suspecting. No worries, they can be dealt with in due time.

I didn't have time to update my webcomic while working on the aforementioned rainforest project but I do have time now and I am re-writing and preparing some panels to use in the coming weeks to continue the story for the current chapter and the next, which will introduce yet another character called Cranwatch, a sneaky lizard. 

This is the end of this ranting post, now onto more productive endeavors. 

Cheers from Oscar.

No comments:

Recommended links